Skip to content
Failing to Prepare the Home for Sale
- Buyers make their purchasing decision within 30-seconds of entering the house.
- 32% of sellers won’t correctly prepare the house for sale.
- 20% of sellers won’t make repairs. Even small issues will make buyers think that the property wasn’t cared for.
- 28% of houses have unpleasant odors. Pets, smoking, food, scents shall be removed.
- We will be happy to do a 30-min in home consultation to help you prepare the house for sale.
Unavailability for Showings
- 34% of sellers are not available to accommodate buyers for showings.
- Less showings = less buyers to make offers = lower sale price.
Incorrectly Pricing Your Home
- One of the most important keys to home selling success is properly pricing a home. I’m sure you can guess what one of the most common home selling mistakes that is made? If your guess was incorrectly pricing the home, you’re right!
- Most common real estate pricing mistakes that sellers make is pricing their home higher to leave room for negotiations with a buyer.
- If it was as simple as listing a home for what Zillow says a home is worth, there would be no need for real estate agents.
- A buyer will elect not to look at a home because they feel it’s priced too high which is obviously not what a seller wants to accomplish.
- Eventually overpriced homes sell for less than market value.
Unwilling to Negotiate
- 21% of sellers are unwilling to negotiate or don’t know how to negotiate a successful sale.
- When selling a home, it’s important to do so with an open mind.
- Many sellers are failing to let the buyers “WIN”, even to offer small “WINS” to buyers.